Platypus and Friends is a freshwater scene filled with flourishing life forms indigenous to central Victoria. This original arty work is a love letter to the animals, fish, amphibians, crustaceans and plant life that inhabit this watery wonder filled environment. Platypus is the star of this luminescent painting, along with his friends the Growling Grass Frog, Long Necked Turtles and many shimmering fish such as the Rainbow Fish and Southern Pygmy Perch. Mychelle Mahar respectfully acknowledges the Dja Dja Wurrong people as the traditional custodians of this sacred place.
This arty work may be purchased in two LARGE formats: a ready to hang canvas print and a supreme fine art print in one size only.
Canvas prints are 980mm x 490mm x 30mm and are shipped ready to hang.
Fine Art Prints are printed on a velvety ragged cotton and are sized at 975mm x 525mm which includes a clean white border of 75mm all around.
Platypus and Friends is a Limited Release print with only 50 canvas prints and 50 fine art prints available!
Each print is signed and numbered.
Express shipping is included Australia wide and throughout New Zealand! Yay!
International purchases are most welcome. Please use the shipping calculator at the checkout.
Mychelle Mahar ART prints are bursting with colour intensity and the tiniest of details are divine.
ALL Mychelle Mahar ART PRINTS PROUDLY CARRY THE OFFICIAL ‘AUSTRALIA MADE’ LOGO.
- Each of Mychelle’s arty works are photographed with precision and accuracy.
- They are then individually printed in Western Australia by hand onto Entrada paper 290gsm and safely packaged in a protective postage tube.
- Enrada is an award-winning art paper made of 100% cotton
- It is an archival- acid and lignin free- paper that is made in the USA
- Moab Entrada has a unique blend of slight but unobtrusive velvety like texture enhancing the works tiny details.
- The ‘Natural’ version we use is OBA (Optical Brightening Agents) free
- The archival properties of Mychelle’s Fine Art Prints are in excess of 200 years when framed under glass in typical indoor conditions and not in direct sunlight.
- The Stretcher canvas Frames are made from kiln dried timber with a depth of 3cm. In order to prevent indentation, the frames are constructed with a raised lip, which eliminates a sharp edged frame touching the canvas.
- All canvas, products are safely packed and shipped with a hanging system.
- Canvases are taped on the back for a professional finish.
- The Canvas used is a robust 370gsm (grams per square meter) count and is made from a 35% cotton 65% Polyester blend which mimics the quality of an original canvas painting, enhancing their exquisite presentation.